Clustering

• Hi all,

I want to simulate a clustering in Windows 2000. I have to PC connected with HUB. Both installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Is there anything else that I need before I installed clustering using Configure Your Server menu in Windows 2000 Administrative Tools ??? Do I have to use a shared disk ??

Thanks in advance,

Hendra

• In practice each pc should have two network cards, with a private network setup between them, but this could be missed out in a test scenario. You'll need 3/5 available ip addresses - depends on whether you use the extra network cards method or not. As for hardware, you'll need a shared drive array that both servers can see. Typically, this would be a shared SCSI device and unfortunately I don't know of an easy way to simulate this. Primary Storage sell some chear(ish) ones, but it's really out of the range of your average Joe. If anyone knows how to frig the storage device and somehow share a hard drive between computers I'd like to know as well.

Paul Ibison

Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• In reading Pauls reply, I just thought of something. Has anyone tried to simulate clustering using instances? Or can anyone? Be curious to see if the "shared disk" can be on the same server with two instances.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply