Child Report Parameter not changing

• Hi

I am seeing some very funny behavior in SSRS 2012 that we are not replicating in 2008.

Long story short

Parent report - Report_Parent

Child report - Report_Child

To get from parent to child, you click a field in a tablix and the year from the parent report is passed to the child report and the child report loads fine.

Problem.

From child report, I need to switch year values from a dropdown parameter. Values do not change. Values stay stuck to what was received from parent.

Anyone seen this?

• Hi,

I think this only happens when you are in Visual Studio.

Try deploying the report and running it on the report server. you should be able to change the values there.

HTH

• First off - need to apologize for posting this question to the wrong forum. This should have been in Reporting Services and not Reporting Services 2005.

Anyhoo. Thanks for getting back. I actually tested deploying the report to the server and in report manager, the child report loads but no parameters are displayed for me to make any other selections from.

I have moved the build over to a 2008 project to keep work moving but very curious to understand this behavior

• The parameters are just hidden on the Report Manager UI. There is a little arrow to expand the parameters again.

Between the toolbar and the top navigation (with the breadcrumbs) there runs a darker blue bar with a grey box with an arrow in the middle. This is actually the parameter toolbar, just hidden. Click on that to unhide / hide the parameters.

I've no idea why MS made it so small. When you expand the parameters you should then be able to change them.

• So yeah

Thanks - didnt even check to see thats why the parameters were hidden.

So im still at a standstill as to why i am unable to change the child report parameter selections in 2012.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply