Check status of SPN?

• chris.puncher (8/23/2012)

If you are doing this on Windows Server 2003 then setspn isn't installed by default. You need to download Windows Server 2003 Support Tools.

You mean there are people for whom downloading and installing the support tools isn't the first thing they do aftter installing WIndows Server 2003???:w00t:

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversé (9/2/2012)

chris.puncher (8/23/2012)

If you are doing this on Windows Server 2003 then setspn isn't installed by default. You need to download Windows Server 2003 Support Tools.

You mean there are people for whom downloading and installing the support tools isn't the first thing they do aftter installing WIndows Server 2003???:w00t:

You mean you don't work with companies where you have to fight tooth and nail to install any and every piece of software 😉

• chris.puncher (9/3/2012)

L' Eomot Inversé (9/2/2012)

chris.puncher (8/23/2012)

You mean you don't work with companies where you have to fight tooth and nail to install any and every piece of software 😉

No, I don't - at least not when the software comes from the platform software provider (MS in this case) and is free and is specifically designed to help manage the platform. I've come across that sort of nonsense now and again and never had much difficulty squashing it. Maybe I've been lucky in my choice of workplaces.

It can be a completely different story when the software costs money, of course, or when it's some stuff pulled off some random website rather than from a reputable supplier (indeed sometimes in those cases I've been the guy saying "no, you can't put that on there").

Tom

• I was expecting a fourth "none of the above" option when I kept seeing domain name incorrectly spelled "domianname" in the options (and in the final answer). 🙂 Good question.

• just flip the coin and give the answer and it was right :hehe:;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply