CDC - Feature in 2008

• Hi All,

I want to utilise CDC feature in my database.

I have tried using following command to first enabling the database for this feature.

exec sys.sp_cdc_enable_db

but i am getting below standard error for this. why i am getting this error?

Msg 22830, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db_internal, Line 186

Could not update the metadata that indicates database New_RepDashoboardDev is enabled for Change Data Capture. The failure occurred when executing the command 'SetCDCTracked(Value = 1)'. The error returned was 15517: 'Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "dbo" does not exist, this type of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.'. Use the action and error to determine the cause of the failure and resubmit the request.

Msg 266, Level 16, State 2, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db_internal, Line 0

Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates a mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statements. Previous count = 0, current count = 1.

Msg 266, Level 16, State 2, Procedure sp_cdc_enable_db, Line 0

Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates a mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statements. Previous count = 0, current count = 1.

Msg 3998, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Uncommittable transaction is detected at the end of the batch. The transaction is rolled back.

Manoj

• Actually, i have found solution for this problem.

it was permission related issue, after changing dbase owner it is working.

Manoj

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply