CASE Help

• Thom A - Friday, November 3, 2017 2:09 AM

Jeff Moden - Thursday, November 2, 2017 6:50 PM

Aw dude!  How did you post that!  It's perfect and you can select the code from it.

I assume you're not being sarcastic? 🙂

I've taken to using Visual Studio Code when pasting large amounts of code onto SSC now, or when at home (as SSMS isn't on Linux). It pastes the code into the text box (if you click the Cancel button on the pop-up about formatting) as if it it's in <pre> tags and keeps the formatting.

Considering that when I paste the SSC removes a bounch of whitespace and makes things look really odd, it just makes it easier (although quotes don't seem to like it), as I can just add the whitespace back in easier, etc.

Oh no... definitely not being sarcastic.  Quite the contrary.  It's a bummer, though, that you have to go back in and add the leading whitespace back.  I wish they'd understand how important code is on this site a make it easy to post well formatted and properly colored code.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden - Friday, November 3, 2017 7:44 AM

Oh no... definitely not being sarcastic.  Quite the contrary.  It's a bummer, though, that you have to go back in and add the leading whitespace back.  I wish they'd understand how important code is on this site a make it easy to post well formatted and properly colored code.

Agreed. I personally preferred the old style forums; but can understand why they had to upgrade though. Whitespace is the most annoying thing, and as (when you paste from SSMS) it's not a fix-width font then it's impossible to judge. Hence the switch to VS Code for pasting. 🙂

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply