Capturing Real-Time Currency Conversions in SSIS

• Hi All,

I have similar kind of requirement where i need to change the amount into the USD,but in my case the amount will be in different currency format say for some columns it is IND and for some column it is CAD.so how to go in this scenario.

• You might have to do multiple calls into the web service based on the number of currency codes you are converting.

• Hi,

This is a nice article. I am replacing the currect logic in my application to this one. It is throwing an error "Proxy authentication required" (refer the error below) do i need to add the proxy credentials? can anybody help please...

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: The Web Service threw an error during method execution. The error is: The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required.. at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".

• Thanks for the Article Its just what I am looking for .

I cant get it to work though,I think its something to do with the variables .

And explicitly setting them from currency to string,I just dont have a clue how to do that though .

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: Could not execute the Web method. The error is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection, VariableDispenser taskVariableDispenser)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".

• I followed exactly the same to create it. But I am getting the following error :

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: The Web Service threw an error during method execution. The error is: The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation failed..

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection, VariableDispenser taskVariableDispenser)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".

When I tried to call the same web service using Script Task, I am getting the following error:

Could not find default endpoint element that references contract 'CurrencyConverter.CurrencyConvertorSoap' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this contract could be found in the client element.

Please advice how to proceed

• I'm liking this...

I have managed to replicate the package, however rather than updating, i am using it to insert the currency values in a table.

I am however having issues with parsing multiple currencies to the table.

I have altered the WSDL file to pick up 3 currencies:

<s:element minOccurs="3" maxOccurs="3" name="FromCurrency" type="tns:Currency" />

However the package only ever writes 1 currency to the xml file.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks

• w.zia.2015 - Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:11 AM

I'm liking this...I have managed to replicate the package, however rather than updating, i am using it to insert the currency values in a table.I am however having issues with parsing multiple currencies to the table.I have altered the WSDL file to pick up 3 currencies:<s:element minOccurs="3" maxOccurs="3" name="FromCurrency" type="tns:Currency" />However the package only ever writes 1 currency to the xml file.Can anyone help me with this issue?Thanks

Hi, how to get last 1 year  exchange currency conversion history  for usd to gbp  using ssis package

• asrinu13 - Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:44 AM

w.zia.2015 - Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:11 AM

I'm liking this...I have managed to replicate the package, however rather than updating, i am using it to insert the currency values in a table.I am however having issues with parsing multiple currencies to the table.I have altered the WSDL file to pick up 3 currencies:<s:element minOccurs="3" maxOccurs="3" name="FromCurrency" type="tns:Currency" />However the package only ever writes 1 currency to the xml file.Can anyone help me with this issue?Thanks

Hi, how to get last 1 year  exchange currency conversion history  for usd to gbp  using ssis package

Far too vague, which is almost certainly why 4 months have elapsed without an answer. At the very least you should describe your source and destination.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Hi,
           webservice task is not given correct values.I converts currency conversion USD to GBP that time output showing  -1 .I tried another USD to EUR that time also its showing  -1.I tried to execute more than 100 time even though its showing -1 only. actual values from USD to GBP  0.78(today).can you please tell me why we are getting wrong values when execute webservice task package using ssis.is there any other way to get real time currency conversion rates using ssis.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply