Can't Start SQL Server Service Manager

• Hi

I m using MSDE 2000. by some time i often get this message from my clients that when they try to open my app they are prompted by an error sql server doesnot exist. when i tries to check about problem i find that OS (win XP) is not able to start service manger automatically. but i found problem is critical when i tried to start Service manager mannually unsuccessfully ..wht could be the problem??

plz help me

sandy

• Hi,

Did you mentioned for "DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0" at time of Installation of MSDE on your machine/server. If not, then you wont be able to reach your server instance over TCP/IP or Named Pipe protocol.

Let me know if this isn't the case and would need some server log message (from applicaiton/ security/ system levels) at the point in time when you actually get to see this issue/ error.

Regards,

Vikas Rajput

• What error do you get when the service fails to start?

• no thats of course not the case. i don't have the error log right now me ..i get you in a short time

but it also not prompting me any error whn i try to start service manager manually

sandeep

• no error at all when i try to start service manager it shows stopped service after a filcker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply