Can't paste images anymore

• Since the release I haven't been able to paste images any more. This happens both at work (on Windows 10), and home (Ubuntu 18.04). I am using Firefox both at home and at work (which may be the "determining" factor). Previously putting images on SSC was as simple as copying the image into your clipboard and then pressing CTRL+V, but no more. Now I have to screenshot, save the image (which might require opening paint, or similar), then uploading that image from the save location; that's a big loss of ease of use in my view.

I don't have this problem on other websites, and the functionality used to exist. Perhaps if was removed on purpose, but that seems a shame and would be great to have back.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• The new forums don't allow this by default. There are a few plugins. I'll file a note to look at them

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

The new forums don't allow this by default. There are a few plugins. I'll file a note to look at them

Sounds goods. Thanks for all the efforts from you and the team again, Steve.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thanks, Thom, and sorry for the hassles. We're ironing them out slowly.

• Update: We are working on this, but pasting from local clipboard is an upload, and we're generally wary of bmp uploads, or uncompressed formats. Quite a few sites I've checked, like SO, don't allow paste from clipboard. They paste from web, which is a xfer, and that makes sense.

Not quite sure what to do here, but this is under debate.

Is this something that happens a lot? Do you/we really screenshot a lot and post that? I personally use Greenshot and save images clipped into a folder, so uploads are selecting the file, but that's not too cumbersome for me.

Is this something that happens a lot? Do you/we really screenshot a lot and post that? .

I won't say it's something I use a lot but I do use it (I literally just did in a different topic here). I can't speak for others, but it's certainly more useful when answering questions SSIS/SSRS. I'll admit, I am very used to being able to use it on Stack Overflow, and from when the functionality existed before.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

• Looking at SO, they use imgur to upload the image for you. I'll see if we can do something similar.

Looking at SO, they use imgur to upload the image for you. I'll see if we can do something similar.

Sounds good. If not, then I'm sure we'll survive anyway :). It's certainly more useful on SO the the users, as it isn't SQL Server dedicated. (Plus, not being able to easily upload images might deter the users from pasting images of data here anyway, which is always good.)

Thanks Steve.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply