Can''t Install Reporting Services on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise

• Hello! I am relatively new to Reporting Services and am trying to install Reporting Services on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise running SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition + Service Pack 3 and am getting this message:

"This edition of Report Server Database is not supported on the edition of SQL Server 2000 you have chosen. Please choose another SQL Server that matches the requirements."

We have another Windows 2003 server running Reporting Services, installed by an outside vendor. Any ideas?

• What version of SQL does the other system have?

Why are you installing RS on this system when it is already installed on a different server?

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• The other system is our web host, using a production version of SQL Server 2000.

I am installing Reporting Services on a new server for development and testing.

• There are also editions of Reporting Services.  You have to install Reporting Services development edition on SQLServer development edition.

Joachim.

• That makes sense! Should I have gotten that with Visual Studio 2003? I don't see it in my stack of discs (purchased 12/2005). Where can I get it?

• Sorry, can't help you there.  I got mine a long time ago from a MSDN download.  But as it is a free add on, I guess you can find it somewhere on the Microsoft website.  I think it could once be found from http://www.microsoft.com/sql/, but I can no see a link there now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply