Can't connect to the reporting services from SSMS

• Hi,

I am working with SSRS. I do have admin rights. I can connect to the url https://localhost/Reports and can create the new reports and subscription. Delete the reports and subscriptions.

But when I tried to connect to Reporting Services from SSMS, I am getting below erro.

I used the windows authentication. It is showing that the user name or password is not valid or you don't have permission to access this server

I can connect to the database engine and Integration services but unable to coonect to the Reporting services

Any help?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Reporting services is already started. There are some reports running on scheduled basis also

• ramana3327 (11/17/2014)

Hi,

I am working with SSRS. I do have admin rights. I can connect to the url https://localhost/Reports and can create the new reports and subscription. Delete the reports and subscriptions.

But when I tried to connect to Reporting Services from SSMS, I am getting below erro.

I used the windows authentication. It is showing that the user name or password is not valid or you don't have permission to access this server

I can connect to the database engine and Integration services but unable to coonect to the Reporting services

Any help?

Is the RS instance a named instance or default?

What connection are you passing in the SSMS connection box?

A couple of examples

Ex1

I have a named instance of SSRS called SMITH on server FRED. In the SSMS connection box i would type FRED\SMITH

Ex2

I have a default instance of SSRS on server FRED. In the SSMS connection box i would type FRED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Hi,

You can try running SSMS as Administrator, if this does not work try adding your username as part of administrators in the site settings and folder setting with content manager roles thus if you never did this before.

Regards

• ramana3327 - Monday, November 17, 2014 4:59 PM

Hi,I am working with SSRS. I do have admin rights. I can connect to the url https://localhost/Reports and can create the new reports and subscription. Delete the reports and subscriptions.But when I tried to connect to Reporting Services from SSMS, I am getting below erro.I used the windows authentication. It is showing that the user name or password is not valid or you don't have permission to access this serverI can connect to the database engine and Integration services but unable to coonect to the Reporting servicesAny help?

Did you ever get this figured out?  I know it's old but I've a similar problem with a user on our DBA team.  I can connect fine via SSMS to reporting services but he gets the same error you do.  He is a Sysadmin like myself, and we both are DBOs on both Reporting databases.  He also is a member of the System Administrators on the Report Server website (under Site Settings).  As far as I can tell, we are the same configuration wise but he cannot connect to look at running jobs etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply