Cannot connect to SSIS remotely or locally

• I receive an error when I attempt to connect to SSIS via Management Studio. There is only a default instance on this SQL server and it is not running IIS or any COM+ services. There are other SQL servers in that same subnet and I can connect to SSIS fine so this is apparently not a networking issue. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Connect to SSIS service on machine "servername" failed: library not registered

===================================

Cannot connect to "servername".

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)

------------------------------

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Enumerator.Process(Object connectionInfo, Request request)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ObjectExplorer.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.GetServerInfo(String server, String& serverVersion)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.SmoEnum.DTSEnum.GetData(EnumResult erParent)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Environment.GetData()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Environment.GetData(Request req, Object ci)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Enumerator.GetData(Object connectionInfo, Request request)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Enumerator.Process(Object connectionInfo, Request request)

Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSRuntimeWrap)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.ApplicationClass.GetServerInfo(String bstrMachineName, String& serverVersion)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.GetServerInfo(String server, String& serverVersion)

• Register the DTSRuntimeWrap dll and it should work. 

• Thanks. I found that even thought SSIS was installed, the DTSRuntimeWarp.dll was not even present. I reinstalled sp1 and all is well.

• Hi how do i register the DTSRuntimeWarp.dll as i installed the full enterprise features of sql server 2005 but that file still doesn't appear.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply