Cannot "Add Publisher" to Replication Monitor

• Running SQL 2005 client from my desktop.  In Object Explorer, I right mouse click on the Distributors REPLICATION folder to Launch Replication Monitor.  I can view some Publishers but not all.   I verified that Named Pipes and TCP/IP are enabled on both Publisher and Distributor.

When I attempt to "Add Publisher" I want to monitor (using the actual Server Name, not the alias) , I receive error:

TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to MySQLServerName.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to connect to server MyServerName. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=53&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

BT
  • I believe this is an authorization problem.  I am able to "Add Publishers" where I'm Local Admin.

Please disregard.

BT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply