Can i refresh the report model automatically?

• Hi Experts,

i built a report model and deployed it to the Report Server, so my business users are able to build their ad hoc reports.

since my model is made of tables that gets refreshed daily, i am looking for a way to refresh this model as soon as my 2 tables gets updated.

what can i do to automate it? can i do it in SSIS?

thank you much.

• I don't think i explained myself well. if i want to re-quiery /re-build my model with new data, i'll just select this model in BIDS, go into Reporting Model menu and click 'Autogenerate'. this will refresh my model with real time data. i know how to do that :-).

what i want to do is automate this in SSIS package task. want to do it programmatically. maybe, reference some namespaces in my code and call a method that will do it for me. i am on a right track? thank you.

• i think i can answer my own question: need http connection in SSIS to that reportservice2005.asmx file and a web task that will call that method.

it'll look something like this in code:

rs = new ReportingService2005();

rs.RegenerateModel("Model_custom");

there are other things i am working through, as we speak, like security, but it's entirely possibly to do it. i just wanted to write in case someone is after the same thing i am :-).

thanks.

• thanks

i was just looking for this..........

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply