Calling a function within a sproc yields diff result than calling the function

• Hi all,

I have a scalar-valued function that does a calculation and returns a float value. Works perfectly when I call it like this in a query window:

declare @intNumber float

set @intNumber = dbo.f_GetTodaysTotalCrossSellByNetworkID2('patt3102', '2016-09-22');

select @intNumber

The current result is 12 and is correct. Now, when I call it within a sproc, it returns 18 for some reason. Here's the call in the sproc:

declare @Test_Value float

set @Test_Value = dbo.f_GetTodaysTotalCrossSellByNetworkID2(@Network_ID, @Target_Date);

@Test_Value is an output param within the sproc and a float, so I don't think that's the problem. Also, the 2 params being passed in to the function within the sproc are the same as the hard-coded ones in the first example. I double checked that.

Does anyone know why I would get a different value when calling my function within the sproc?

Thanks,

Mark

• In the function what data types are used for the two parameters passed?

In the procedure are the datatypes used for @Network_ID, @Target_Date the same types as used in the function?

Can you post up your function and stored procedure definitions?

Lastly if you create a copy of the procedure and hard core the values from this:

set @Test_Value = dbo.f_GetTodaysTotalCrossSellByNetworkID2(@Network_ID, @Target_Date);

to this:

set @Test_Value = dbo.f_GetTodaysTotalCrossSellByNetworkID2('patt3102', '2016-09-22');

Does the result return the same as calling only the function as a query?

MCITP SQL 2005, MCSA SQL 2012

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply