Calculated Member - Current month

• Good Day

My situation is that the script below is for a calculated member but I need to add a condition into that only makes the else statement apply to the current month only.

All other months (the Average LIS) needs to be used as in [Measures].[Disconnects] / [AVERAGELIS]

CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Measures].CHURN

AS CASE WHEN [Measures].[End LIS] = 0 THEN

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Beginning LIS] = 0 OR [Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[NETACTIVATIONS] = 0 THEN NULL ELSE

ROUND([Measures].[Disconnects]/(([Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[NETACTIVATIONS])/2) * 100 ,2) END

ELSE ROUND(([Measures].[Disconnects] / [AVERAGELIS] * 100) ,2)

END,

NON_EMPTY_BEHAVIOR = { [Beginning LIS], [End LIS], [Disconnects] },

VISIBLE = 1 ;

I tried adding something like this but I knew while typing that it wasnt correct

CASE WHEN [Measures].[End LIS] = 0

AND [Dim Date].[FSCL_YR].&[" + Format(now(), "yyyy") + "]

AND [Dim Date].[FSCL_YM].&[" + Format(now(), "m") + "]

THEN

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Beginning LIS] = 0 OR [Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[NETACTIVATIONS] = 0 THEN NULL ELSE

ROUND([Measures].[Disconnects]/(([Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[Beginning LIS] + [Measures].[NETACTIVATIONS])/2) * 100 ,2) END

ELSE ROUND(([Measures].[Disconnects] / [AVERAGELIS] * 100) ,2)

END

• I haven't tested this, but how about something like:

...and SetToStr([Dim Date].[FSCL_YR].[FSCL_YR].currentmember) = "[Dim Date].[FSCL_YR].&[" + Format(now(), "yyyy") + "]"

• Thanks Martin.

So I started tested with you code before I realised the .currentmember property only works at Hierarchy level.

I modified my code to now look like the below.

CASE WHEN [Measures].[End LIS] = 0

AND SetToStr([Dim Date].[FSCL_YM].currentmember) = "[Dim Date].[FSCL_YM].[Month Nm].&[" + Format(now(), "yyyy") + "]&[" + Format(now(), "m") + "]"

THEN

CASE WHEN [Measures].[BEGIN_LIS] = 0 OR [Measures].[BEGIN_LIS] + [Measures].[BEGIN_LIS] + [Measures].[NETACTIVATIONS] = 0 THEN NULL ELSE

ROUND([Measures].[Disconnects]/(([Measures].[BEGIN_LIS] + [Measures].[BEGIN_LIS] + [Measures].[NETACTIVATIONS])/2) * 100 ,2) END

ELSE

CASE WHEN [Measures].[BEGIN_LIS] = 0 THEN NULL ELSE ROUND(([Measures].[Disconnects] / [AVERAGELIS] * 100) ,2)END

END

The code appears to work but is "jumping" over the case statement to moving to the ELSE portion as it is not evaluating the dim date value.

I have attached a screenshot of what my date hierarchy looks like for [FSCL_YM]. An example value from the hierarchy for 2015 July is

[Dim Date].[FSCL_YM].[Month Nm].&[2011]&[7]

• Apologies for the shameless plug, but have a look at the following blog post which will describe your issue and how to test potential solutions:

http://did-i-say-that.com/2015/04/16/mdx-testing-with-settostr-function/

• So i had this question posted on the MSDN Analysis Server Forum and got some help.

All I was trying to do was evaluate the currentmember of the the Dim Date FCSL_YM hierarchy and check if that member matched the current year month.

The syntax i was looking for was (in case someone ever needs help with this)

[Dim Date].[FSCL_YM].CURRENTMEMBER.UNIQUE_NAME =

"[Dim Date].[FSCL_YM].[Month Nm].&["+Format(now(), "yyyy")+"]&["+Format(now(), "%M")+"]"

Got my calculation working now with the above embedded in a case statement.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply