Business Intelligence Studio

• I thought i'd just run through a tutorial for Integration Services but can't find the Business Intelligence Development Studio, should this be installed with the latest CTP?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

• I do not have 2005 here, but I seem to recall that the Business Intelligence Development Studio is located in the Visual Studio 2005 start menu folder.

• Yes, it should have been installed from the SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition Community Technology Preview CD.

It is located on the start menu under "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 CTP" as "Business Intelligence Development Studio".

Rick Phillips

• I thought it should be there.  I installed the CTP from a download from microsoft, presumably this is the same as on the CD?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

• Yeah, the CTP download from MS has BI Studio.  During the install make sure you install everything related to Integration Services and development tools.

One of the readme's says that you need to uninstall VS 2005 Beta 2 prior to installing SQL 2005 because there are some conflicts regarding .NET and BI Studio.  Back when the April CTP came out, I did run into this problem.  BI Studio was all goofed up when I installed over an existing VS 2005 Beta 2 installation.  I had to uninstall everything and start from scratch.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply