Bulk Update using SSIS

• How to do bulk update using SSIS

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Did you ever get a resolution for this?

I have a similar challenge. I have to update the email domain, the server address and the changes reflected on Notifications job on multiple instances. The only alternative is to manually do this on each server and instance which is definitely not a route i want to take....looking at almost 120 instances spread accross 26 servers.

• Not enough details on the problem to really be able to answer it, but it seems to me like if you had a table that stored all your servers, and another table that stored all your instances, you could do either a join or a cross join between the two, depending on your configuration, and then use the results of that in a ForEach Loop with an ADO Enumerator, then put an Execute SQL Task in the loop and perform the update with the two parameters from the loop.

• Unfortunately i did not explain my dilema.

I need to update the Database Mail Profile to change the outgoing mail server smtp: the "email address" and "server name" under Managaement. This has to be done for multiple instances residing on multiple servers. Is there another way to do this, or i have to manually open up DB mail configurations under each instance and make the changes. That is my dilema

• There probably is a way, using some form of Execute SQL Task, but that's beyond my scope of knowledge, sorry :/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply