Bad BIDs Locale AFTER Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer Edition on Windows 7

• Have done two installs to brand new machines, one on 32bit, the other 64bit. Just accepted defaults - only developer system. Panel/Region and Language/Location was set to 'United Kingdom' BEFORE I started the install.

Afterwards, my default sql server collation is 'Latin1_General_CI_AS', as expected (and wanted) for UK. I understood that 'SQL_Latin1_General' was default for US, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144260.aspx.

However, if I create a new SSIS project in BIDS, in Package.dtsx the localeID is 'English (United States)'.

How do I permanently change the default LocalID used by BIDS for new packages to 'English (United Kingdom)'? I don't want to be setting this on an individual project basis - recipe for disaster. What did I do wrong with the install? Want to set up a new development server cleanly with no time consuming locale issues going forward.

Many Thanks

Breadon

• The solution is something like:

1. Go To ControlPanel/Clock, Language And Region/Change Location to bring up the 'Region and Language' dialog.

2. On the Formats tab, set format to 'French(French)'.

3. Apply and OK your changes.

4. Open BIDS and create a new 'Integration Services Project'.

5. Open the default 'Package.dtsx', and, if necessary, press F4 to view its properties.

6. Check that the default assigned LocaleID is 'French(French)'.

7. Close BIDS.

8. Go To ControlPanel/Clock, Language And Region/Change Location to bring up the 'Region and Language' dialog.

9. On the Formats tab, set format to 'English(United Kingdom)'.

10. Apply and OK your changes.

11. Open BIDS and create a new 'Integration Services Project'.

12. Open the default 'Package.dtsx', and, if necessary, press F4 to view its properties.

13. Check that the default assigned LocaleID is 'English(United Kingdom)'.

Apologies, but I lost the original url reference to this solution and messed around changing, and then changing back, other settings in the 'Region and Language' dialog first. However, I think it was changing the setting on the Formats tab that eventually worked.

Breadon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply