backup issues

• Hi,

In our organization, We have daily backup schedule @12 am. But from past two days, backup shcedule is running but only system dbs are getting backed up but not user dbs. Even in the sql server logs it is clearly showing that system dbs are backed up

1.job result is showing successful.

2.Enough space is also available.

when I run my job explicitly in the morning, then its backing up even the user dbs also. So its not the problem with the job

I have one more concern ie., in my user dbs one is involved in replication also. all the dbs are getting backed up sucessfully till 2 days before, but i am not able to trace why it is not taking backup for userdbs

Can u help me

Thanks,

Padmaja

• Try enabling 'include execution trace' in agent properties. You will get more information in the agent log.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roshan Joe

Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Hi,

I even opened yesterday's trace file, but no useful information is found. Is there any other way

Thanks

Padmaja

• were n't there any changes on server level the past few days, e.g any upgrades, or patches?

• No changes on the server side

• If it was working two days ago and it's not working now, something changed somewhere.

It doesn't state explicitly that you're using SQL Agent to run this, but I'll assume so. If you go into the job and into the step that is running your backups, you can go to the advanced page. There you'll find the ability to provide an output file for the step. Put this in an appropriate place on your server and then check it in the morning to see what the actual output was.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Me too, i opened yesterday's trace file, but no useful information is found.

body building
    body building programs
    muscle building programs

• Did u get to know what the problem was? Is it fixed?? Pls. let us know as I'm also facing a similar problem..

• Are you using the same login to execute that job (i mean, any change in its database role) ?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply