Availability Groups with Docker Containers

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Availability Groups with Docker Containers

• This is a great article Rafael!  Nice and easy to follow.  Thank you for taking the time to share with the SQL Community.

• Great Article!  Very interested in using containers with SQL Server.  It was driving me nuts because I was running into errors, but it looks like the environment variable for SQLCMD changed since your posting.  The SA_PASSWORD is now MSSQL_SA_PASSWORD.  It's crazy how fast this stuff is changing.  Thank you again it was awesome experience getting this setup and testing!

• Thank you for the review.

I checked the documentation and Microsoft still uses SA_PASSWORD as the argument.

I will look into it. Thank you for bringing it up to my attention!

• Great article!  I found your blog post and repo a couple of weeks ago and was able to get the AG up and running and disprove a theory within half an hour.  Don't know how long it would have taken to do the same thing if I'd had ot do separate SQL installs!  Very grateful to you!

• Hi!

I have successfully installed the always-on system from your current repository, and I want to thank you for that. However, while the primary database is inaccessible, I want to be able to write to and update the secondary database. In other words, how can I automatically make the secondary database the primary one in this situation? Is it possible to set up such an architecture?

• Hi @sfnemis

I addressed your question in Github. Please see https://github.com/rafaelrodrigues3092/docker-mssql-alwayson/issues/1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply