Automated Deployments

• Morning Guys,

What are people using for Automated Deployments? In a previous life I worked at a company that used a combination of Sql Compare and DB Ghost and the latest version from Source Control to run in on a build server every night. This worked really well in most cases. I want to re-create a similar functionality at this place but, BUT, the company wont pay for Sql Compare, certainly not this side of April anyway.

So, what is the next best thing or method of achieving an automated build from Source Control? What are you guys using?

Cheers
    Alex

• alex.sqldba - Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Morning Guys,

What are people using for Automated Deployments? In a previous life I worked at a company that used a combination of Sql Compare and DB Ghost and the latest version from Source Control to run in on a build server every night. This worked really well in most cases. I want to re-create a similar functionality at this place but, BUT, the company wont pay for Sql Compare, certainly not this side of April anyway.

So, what is the next best thing or method of achieving an automated build from Source Control? What are you guys using?

Cheers
    Alex

I've used TeamCity for the last few years, in combination with Visual Studio projects for databases, SSIS and SSAS, with Git and BitBucket for source control. The free version of TeamCity can get you a long way.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply