audit logout event class in sql profiler. LONG RUNNING!!!

• I've got a sql profiler session running right now with a filter on duration (> 300ms). I keep seeing a lot of HUGE duration events where event class = Audit Logout. Why is it taking 10 minutes to audit a logout? What is this event? is this locking tables? the big duration #'s (600000 and up) are scaring the hell out of me

Thanks!

Greg

• Don't know what the event is specifically addressing, but the duration is just the time.

If the event is NOT taking server resources such as disk io, or CPU then I wouldn't worry about it.

• I have a similar issue. I have a trace going on a specific application where we are experiencing some locking by the users. Around the time the locking is taking place are some long running Audit Logouts events. The trace does not pick up the next event until this Audit Logout finishes. I suspect this may be causing our locking issues, but don't know where to go from here. Is there away to disable this Audit Logout event?

• Greg J (10/10/2005)

I've got a sql profiler session running right now with a filter on duration (> 300ms). I keep seeing a lot of HUGE duration events where event class = Audit Logout. Why is it taking 10 minutes to audit a logout? What is this event? is this locking tables? the big duration #'s (600000 and up) are scaring the hell out of me

Thanks!

Greg

The duration column of the Audit Logout event is just indicating the estimated time since the user logged in. Same goes with CPU, read, and write column.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• larry.dano (1/15/2010)

I have a similar issue. I have a trace going on a specific application where we are experiencing some locking by the users. Around the time the locking is taking place are some long running Audit Logouts events. The trace does not pick up the next event until this Audit Logout finishes. I suspect this may be causing our locking issues, but don't know where to go from here. Is there away to disable this Audit Logout event?

The Audit Logout is a natural occurence in SQL. It is the event of the user or application performing a clean disconnect or "Logoff" from the database.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply