Applying SQL Server 2000 Service Pack3

• How can I apply SQL Server 2000 Service pack 3 to NT 4.0 or Windows 98 machines with SQL Server 2000 Client tools only?

Much thanks in advance.

• You need NT service pack 5 or above before applying SQL Server SP3. Download SP3 and run the setup. No sure about Windows 98.

• NT machine has Service Pack 6.0. I did apply the service pack 3 to the machine, but Query analyzer still indicated the older version number,8.00.194 not 8.00.690.

quote:

You need NT service pack 5 or above before applying SQL Server SP3. Download SP3 and run the setup. No sure about Windows 98.

• quote:

but Query analyzer still indicated the older version number,8.00.194 not 8.00.690.

How did you get this info ?

• Goto Help pull-down menu in Query Analyzer and select "About".

quote:

but Query analyzer still indicated the older version number,8.00.194 not 8.00.690.

How did you get this info ?

[/quote]

• My QA in NT workstation shows Version SQL 8.00 760. Go download sql2ksp3a.exe from Microsoft and reinstall it.

• Allen,

You're right. The SP3 installs fine on NT. The ticket was coming from a user with Windows XP.

I verified and made sure that local policy for DEVICE: unassigned Device installation is set to "Silently Succeed". But when I double "setup.bat". The installation window does not show up. If I double click on the setup file again. It says the instance is already running.

Any idea?

quote:

My QA in NT workstation shows Version SQL 8.00 760. Go download sql2ksp3a.exe from Microsoft and reinstall it.

• Reboot machine and rerun it.

• Already tried. The same deal.

quote:

Reboot machine and rerun it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply