Answers to these questions

• Hi,

I have 3 doubts :-

1) If I have a SSIS package with encrypted package protection level and in data flow tasks, there is transformation task

The values are being changed in tht step and if htere is a trigger on it and the pacakge is trying to change the value

What will happen?

2) Can we change the connection string while the package is running?

3) I have 2 oledb source in the connection manager and 1 destination...The packge is deployed and we cant change it.

We want to get data from 3 sources now.... widout touching the package. how to do ??

I can't find on google.

Let me know

Regards,

Skybvi

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• SKYBVI (6/14/2012)

Hi,

1) If I have a SSIS package with encrypted package protection level and in data flow tasks, there is transformation task

The values are being changed in tht step and if htere is a trigger on it and the pacakge is trying to change the value

What will happen?

It will change the value, but keep in mind the value in the package will ALWAYS return to the original value on subsequent runs, this is true whether the package is encrypted or not.

I believe so, there are a couple options, if the SSIS package is run from a job you can update the connection string there, or if you run it from the command line you can pass a modified connection string in there.

3) I have 2 oledb source in the connection manager and 1 destination...The packge is deployed and we cant change it.

We want to get data from 3 sources now.... widout touching the package. how to do ??

You can't change the metadata or add or remove something without a package change.

CEWII

• Elliott Whitlow (6/14/2012)

SKYBVI (6/14/2012)

Hi,

What will happen?

It will change the value, but keep in mind the value in the package will ALWAYS return to the original value on subsequent runs, this is true whether the package is encrypted or not.

I believe so, there are a couple options, if the SSIS package is run from a job you can update the connection string there, or if you run it from the command line you can pass a modified connection string in there.

You can't change the metadata or add or remove something without a package change.

CEWII

Thanks a lot elliott 🙂

Regards,

Skybvi

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply