Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

• Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if this will also work in MS SQL Server 2008 R2?

thanks,

Joefer

• Hi Prasad,

Will this also work in MS SQL Server 2008 R2?

thanks,

Joefer

• Hi Joefer,

I didnt checked with the SQL Server 2008 R2. I have to check for that. If the architecture is same and the same config files copied during the installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 then it should work for R2 also.

The Mentioned files which needs to be modified are copied in the installation folder. In word document i mentioned the path also.

Thanks

Prasad

• i did all the same as given in word file but it is giving parser error....:(

• Hi,

The attachment is not opening. Please let me know, how i would get attachment.

Regards,

Vivek

• Help.

I have the same issue to deal with here at my new job. The company has a asp.net app that has it's own security (user name and pswd). There could be huge growth into how many users dealing with. At this time over 2K users/dealers. So we really don't want to go the AD route (huge initial setup headache and constant maintenance costs, too)

We're running SQL Server rs 12 (I think)... So, will the same solution deal with my issue??....i.e.....the user will log into the ASP.net app and they will Click on a URL ( I guess) to gain access to SSRS web page. There they will have access to all the 20 reports in Prod (at this time) to print out ONLY their data and not some other users/dealers data.

I will need to get their userid passed as a parm into SSRS to filter out the data on each report too. (We can't have Lucy looking at Fred's data and visa versa!)

I'm new at this side of SSRS, having developed 100's of reports. Just never had to do the setup to get to the boody reports!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex

• This may or may not be helpful, but I ended up side stepping all this, by switching to the Report Viewer control. All the security is handled within the ASP.Net application leaving me free to do my own access control, and report wise it does everything I need.

Obviously this is not the solution for everyone, but avoids most of pain associated with running the full server based solution.

• Hi Sir. I followed all the steps but It does not display any pages. http://localhost/ReportServer

• Thanks for this. I am using Sql Server Reporting Services 2008 R2. I followed all the steps and restarted my Sql server reporting services but when I run http://localhost/ReportServer. It appears to be blank.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply