Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

• Thank all is working now .I have updated the documentation with the latest advice will post it back to the forum as soon as I have a chance ,Just creating some screen shots to go with it

• It works Great.tnx

but let me add this stupid point that maybe helpful(I was hanged there)

u have to rename second file and change format file from .txt to .dll and all of structures are completely enough

Tnx again maan

• I tried the code and getting an error 'the website cannot display the page'

Is there any order for the uniongroupcode in rssrvpolicy file?

• thank so much ,it ok

• I realise you posted this some time ago and I got this all running just fine on my Dev server running SQL Server 2008 standard edition, but it certainly doesn't like it on my Live server SQL Server 2008 R2 web edition.

Is there the possibility that the difference in versions is the problem here?

• I doubt it. What kind of errors (if any) are you getting?

• Verry unhelpfully it just said 'error'

Neither the Reports or Report Manager would work, I've switched it back again just for the moment so I can't actually see the errors.

Not much help, just thought someone might know if R2 causes problems because the config files do appear to contain differences, not this would necessarily effect anything.

In fact on changing everything back I can't get back in to the Report Manager which is a bit odd surely these are just plain text files that should be easily corruptable?

• Ok I've tried once more and here is the error when trying to run a report

Reporting Services Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The report server has encountered a configuration error. (rsServerConfigurationError) Get Online Help

and here is the error trying to run the Reports Manager

Error

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

• You are a frigging genious, send me your paypal email and I'll send you some duckets, for rizzle.

• I had the same issue check the event log for XML issue in config. I just skipped the code group security step and it works like a Friggin champ.

The dll probably justs implements all the interfaces And hard codes All security checks to true.

• Hi,

Does this work for SSRS 2008 R2? because I have gone through all the steps and SSRS will not start

Kindly help pls

• I am not sure about SSRS 2008 R2.. i need to investigate for R2 ... This works as tested on SSRS 2008...

• ok Thanks, I will be hoping for a favorable reply

• Since I requested help on this, I'm moved to using the latest Report Viewer control which does everything my client required and is significantly less hassle than messing about with the security of Reporting Services.

Obviously the full blown Reporting Services does offer slightly more, but just maybe some other developers may find that it is worth taking a look at the Report Viewer control instead.

Hope it helps someone.

• Hi,

I would like to ask where can I find the documents mentioned?

Thanks,

Joefer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply