Analysis Services on SQL SERVER 2014

• hello all

i have installed SSAS on SQl server 2014 and i cant connect though Studio with my credentials its giving me the following error does anyone know why?

===================================

Cannot connect to serverA

A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenTcpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean& isSessionTokenNeeded)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Connect(Boolean toIXMLA)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.ConnectXmla()
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlStudio.Explorer.ObjectExplorerService.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)
     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

A non-recoverable error occurred during a database lookup (System)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
     at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)

any help will be much appreciated.

• Did you check if the service is running? Are the firewall ports open? Is the browser service running?
    You might also want to see if you can connect using:<Servername>:2383

Sue

• Yes the service is running and i did try with IP and port number but no luck 🙁 browser services are running as well.

• zouzou - Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:39 AM

Yes the service is running and i did try with IP and port number but no luck 🙁 browser services are running as well.

Which specific ports are allowed on the firewall?

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply