AG issue. Unable to add the database into AG

• Set of 5 servers. 8 DBs

01 (Azure Primary)

02(Azure Secondary)

03(On prem Secondary)

04(On prem Primary)

05(On prem Secondary)

01 feeds to 02 then 02 feeds to 04 then 04 to 03 and 05.

All the DBs are in sync except 1 DB (financeDB).

It doesn't even restore on 03. One of the DBA used automatic seeding so it created a copy of that DBs on all server except 03. I don't see that DB exist on 03 and I don't see anything in a log file. However when I expand the Always on high availability0-->availability databases, I see its there and has a little yellow triangle around it but again this task has been repeated 3 times but still no luck. Now I have jumped it and taken over this task. I have been instructed not to repeat the same step (due to the size of the DB since it takes ages to move the backup file from cloud to prem) and find out why its not synching. All I have is the log file which doesn't have any info. Any help from anyone is highly appreciated.

"He who learns for the sake of haughtiness, dies ignorant. He who learns only to talk, rather than to act, dies a hyprocite. He who learns for the mere sake of debating, dies irreligious. He who learns only to accumulate wealth, dies an atheist. And he who learns for the sake of action, dies a mystic."[/i]

• The log likely has some information - you might have to dig through to find it. You may also want to look at sys.dm_hadr_database_replica_states and see what's in there. For example,  what does the following tell you about the state, any reason for suspended?

SELECT 
    DB_NAME(database_id) AS DBName,
    synchronization_state_desc,
    synchronization_health_desc,
    database_state,
    database_state_desc,
    suspend_reason,
    suspend_reason_desc,
    last_sent_time,
    last_hardened_time,
    last_commit_time
    FROM sys.dm_hadr_database_replica_states
    WHERE is_local=1

Sue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply