After sp3a I can't save changes to dts packages

• Hi Everyone,

I have run in to an unusual problem (aren't they all? 😉 ).

I recently started working at a new location. I received a workstation and proceeded to install the Sql Server 2000 Dev Ed. and Sp 3a. In this company I am not the sysadmin for the boxes I work on. I do have dbo permissions to the db's that I must work on.

I have run up against DTS packages telling me that only the members of the sysadmin role or the package owner may save new versions of the dts packages.

Ok, I can live with that. However, my account is showing up as owner on some of the packages I see that error. (I created some of them.)

Has anyone seen something like this? I didn't see anything in the MS Knowledge Base either.

Richard L. Dawson

Database Admin/Developer

ICQ# 867490

Richard L. Dawson
    Microsoft Sql Server DBA/Data Architect

I can like a person. People are arrogant, ignorant, idiotic, irritating and mostly just plain annoying.

• I believe you are missing user data in your old master database. Among such data is the associaton between a login and users defined within user databases. Check out this aricle. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/nboyle/fixingbrokenlogins.asp

• quote:

I believe you are missing user data in your old master database. Among such data is the associaton between a login and users defined within user databases. Check out this aricle. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/nboyle/fixingbrokenlogins.asp

Yep, that would definately fix the problem if that was the case. I am accessing the dts packages from my workstation (Sql Server 2000 Dev Ed. w/SP3a.) My account was explicitly created on this box. Not a transfer.

I will have to try accessing it from another machine this week and see if that makes a difference.

Richard L. Dawson

Database Admin/Developer

ICQ# 867490

Richard L. Dawson
    Microsoft Sql Server DBA/Data Architect

I can like a person. People are arrogant, ignorant, idiotic, irritating and mostly just plain annoying.

• Assuming you are using local repository, dts packages have a feature whereby saving them reverts ownership back to whomever initially created the package (its saved in the BLOB) despite changing dts package ownership with the procedure msdb..sp_reassign_dtspackageowner. Last I heard, this will not get corrected until Yukon.

Hope that was useful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply