ADO 2.7, SQL Server 2000, Cyrillic

• Good afternoon. I have a VB 6.0 app using ADO 2.7 to access SQL Server 2000. I have a nText field that holds Cyrillic text in which the data looks correct when viewing it in Query Analyzer. When retrieving the data via an ADO 2.7 recordset and looping through the records, the data appears as ???? in the recordset object itself. It appears the issue is the fact that ADO is not translating/recognizing the Cyrillic text, but I have read that ADO 2.7 is Unicode compatible. I have seen other posts with similar questions on various boards, but I have yet to come across an answer. If anyone can help with this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. I could really use it!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I don't remember what save as options you have in VS6 but that problem is solved in the current Visual Studio you can save your code as Cyrillic and in SQL Server 2000 you need to make the NText column collation Cyrillic and your character conversion problem will go away.  I have helped someone with Cyrillic problems in the past and Cyrillic require column level collations.  Post again if you still have questions. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply