Adding Slicers to a Reporting Services Report

• Thanks Steve!

• Hi alhildreth.

The resource file is now available with the image files and the RDL file.

This is an SQL Server 2012 backup - and I can restore it, so I am perplexed as to your problem.

Is anyone else having problems?

Regards,

Adam

• Hi Steven,

Mea culpa - I was too precipitous about this. The resource file now contains the rdl file, and the 'sprocs in the database have the correct schemas.

Regards

Adam

• Hi aatwell,

The "slicer" technique will work in SQl Server 2008 R2 - but it will not work on an iPad unless you have SQL Server 2012 SP1 at least.

Regards,

Adam

• Hi Erik,

You are right - the step explaining this got lost, somehow.

You need to set the action property of the text box in the table containing the "slicers" to Go to Report

Report name - [&ReportName]

Add three parameters:

Country => [CountryName]

ReportingYear => [@ReportingYear]

ReportingMonth => [@ReportingMonth]

This will cause the report to refresh

The rdl file in the updated resource file shows this.

Regards,

Adam

• No report file in the zip. Schemas of "DAta.", "Report.", and "Code.", so some cleanup needs to be done there.

I will continue to try to create the report, but I have not made one in years.

So far, I have been learning, but not nearly as quickly . . .

• THANK you Adam. I tried and it works great.

Here are the modifications:

for original .bak file, it restores to my sql server with no problem. But I only got a table. For stored procedures, I need to modify a little bit. Then everything is fine 🙂

I create my own button-like buttons. All I need are two button-like images ( light color and heavier color).

Following the article instructions, the report is created just like what you described in the article.

Thank you

Jing

• Glad it all works, Jing. Sorry about the modifications needed - I will test the next article a little better!

Adam

• Thanks Adam for your time!

• THANK you Adam! AND other experts who wrote the articles to share. I started this website a few month a ago and I have learn a lot!!!!!!

Jing

🙂

• Great article ^^

Fran Diaz | twitter: @frandiaz_ | Blog: {geeks.ms/blogs/fdiaz/}

• Thanks Fran!

Happy SSRS development.

Adam

• I was able to get the report to work, figured out that you cannot use the Report Wizard when you add a new report.

• Thanks alot :-), it works wonders.... but on your steps it seems as you forgot to mention that to setup a postback funtionality on the countries we must add the following:

Right click on Textbox -->Text Box Properties-->Action-->Go to report-->then click (fx)--> type =Globals!ReportName-->OK-->Then add the Parameters that will generate the data based on a selected Country

Name: ReportingYear |Value: [@ReportingYear]

Name: ReportingMonth |Value: [@ReportingMonth]

Name: Country |Value: [CountryName]

• Right click on Textbox -->Text Box Properties-->Action-->Go to report-->then click (fx)--> type =Globals!ReportName-->OK-->Then add the Parameters that will generate the data based on a selected Country

Name: ReportingYear |Value: [@ReportingYear]

Name: ReportingMonth |Value: [@ReportingMonth]

Name: Country |Value: [CountryName]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply