FROM Table
    WHERE Condition='Money' and SecondCondition = 'LIR'

UNION

SELECT 3 AS ID, '3Field3, COALESCE(SUM(Field3)/1000,'0.0')  AS Field
    FROM Table
    WHERE Condition='Money' and SecondCondition = 'EUR'

UNION

SELECT 4 AS ID,    'Addition of Field column in Row1, Row2, Row3' AS Total

I want to add the Field columns on Row1, Row2 and Row3 and name is Total on Row 4. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Sahoong.

• With > 2000 points, you should know to provide DDL, sample data and desired results.

You should also know that they are called 'columns', not 'fields'.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phi,

I am trying to write the code. I only have a spreadsheet. I haven't got any DDL to send. Please, find attached the sample report. I want to add the amount for Row 1, Row 2 and Row 3 and put the sum in Sub Total column. And add all the sub total column together as Total. Thank you

• sahoong - Monday, August 20, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi Phi,

I am trying to write the code. I only have a spreadsheet. I haven't got any DDL to send. Please, find attached the sample report. I want to add the amount for Row 1, Row 2 and Row 3 and put the sum in Sub Total column. And add all the sub total column together as Total. Thank you

So you want someone else to write all of the set-up code for you, because you cannot be bothered? No thanks.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• sahoong - Monday, August 20, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi Phi,

Then do it in the spreadsheet.

• its in spreadsheet and I am developing an SSRS Report for it.

• sahoong - Monday, August 20, 2018 12:03 PM

its in spreadsheet and I am developing an SSRS Report for it.

If this is for an SSRS Report, you should be doing it in SSRS, not in T-SQL.  SSRS was specifically designed to handle these kinds of situations.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Business Intelligence Analyst
    Philadelphia, PA

• SELECT 1 AS ID, '1    Cash on Hand - Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute7 ='1. Cash' and GLCurrency ='SAR'

UNION

SELECT 2 AS ID, '2    Checks Under Collection - Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute7 ='3  Items In Course of Collection' and GLCurrency ='SAR'

UNION

SELECT 3 AS ID, '3    Checks Under Collection - Foreign Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute7 ='3  Items In Course of Collection' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 4 AS ID, '4             Sub-Total' AS ROW_CATEGORY, SUM(GLAmount)

UNION

SELECT 5 AS ID, '5    Govt/Quasi Govt. Deposits - Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='21.1  Demand' and GLCurrency = 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 6 AS ID, '6    Govt/Quasi Govt. Deposits - Foreign Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='21.1  Demand' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 7 AS ID, '7    Private Sector - Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='21.1  Demand' and GLCurrency = 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 8 AS ID, '8    Private Sector - Foreign Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='21.1  Demand' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 9 AS ID, '9            Sub-Total' AS ROW_CATEGORY, SUM(GLAmount)

UNION

SELECT 10 AS ID, '10  Govt/Quasi Govt. Deposits - Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='21.2  Time' and GLCurrency = 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 11 AS ID, '11  Govt/Quasi Govt. Deposits - Foreign Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='21.2  Time' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 12 AS ID, '12  Private Sector - Time Deposits in Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.3  Time' and GLCurrency = 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 13 AS ID, '13  Private Sector - Time Deposits in Foreign Currencies' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.3  Time' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 14 AS ID, '14  Private Sector - Saving Deposits in Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.2  Savings' and GLCurrency = 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 15 AS ID, '15  Private Sector - Saving Deposits in Foreign Currencies' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.2  Savings' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 16 AS ID, '16            Sub-Total' AS ROW_CATEGORY, SUM(GLAmount)

UNION

SELECT 17 AS ID, '17  Cash Margins For Documentary Credits & Acceptances in local and Frgn Curr.' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='23.1  On Locs & Acceptances'

UNION

SELECT 18 AS ID, '18  Cash Margins For Guarantees in local and Frgn Curr.' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='23.2  On Guarantees'

UNION

SELECT 19 AS ID, '19  Other Cash Margins in Local & Foreign Currencies' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.3  Time'

UNION

SELECT 20 AS ID, '20  Outstanding Transfers - in Local Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.3  Time' and GLCurrency <> 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 21 AS ID, '21  Outstanding Transfers - in Foreign Currency' AS ROW_CATEGORY, COALESCE(SUM(GLAmount)/1000,'0.0')  AS GLAmount
    FROM v_GL
    WHERE GLBSAttribute8 ='22.2  Savings' and GLCurrency = 'SAR'

UNION

SELECT 22 AS ID, '22           Sub-Total' AS ROW_CATEGORY, SUM(GLAmount)

UNION

SELECT 23 AS ID, '23  Total' AS ROW_CATEGORY, SUM(GLAmount)

• I need help with the subtotal rows. I want to add the GLAMount from previous row AS Sub-Total and Total on the last row is the addition of all sub-total.

Thank you.

• sahoong - Monday, August 20, 2018 12:43 PM

I need help with the subtotal rows. I want to add the GLAMount from previous row AS Sub-Total and Total on the last row is the addition of all sub-total.

Thank you.

You should know by now that queries that reference tables/views (v_GL) that we DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO, is not consumable data.

Also your code is highly inefficient.  You are doing multiple reads on the same table when you should be using a CASE expression.

Finally, you already said that you were using SSRS.  This kind of processing is extremely easy in a matrix report.  Why are you still trying to do this in T-SQL?

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Philadelphia, PA

• Have a look at GROUP BY ... WITH ROLLUP

• What use is a total for amounts that are in different currencies anyway?

• A SELECT STATEMENT WITH SQL:-

1.From the Tools menu, click SQLTerm Open the SQLTerm window button.
    2.In the box at the top of the SQLTerm window, click the database with which you want to work.
    3.Use the Cognos SQL check box to specify whether you want to use the native SQL or Cognos® SQL for the database you are accessing when you construct the SQL statement. Select or clear the check box as appropriate.
    4.In the Database Objects pane, expand the tree, and then click the table or column for which you want to add a SELECT statement.
    5.To generate the SQL statement use one of the following methods:- Right-click, and then click either Add Table Select Statement, or Add Column Select Statement.
     -Hold down Ctrl and drag the table or column you selected in the Database Objects pane to the Query pane.
    You are now ready to execute the SQL statement.

• aalphasoftwaresolutions - Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:40 AM

A SELECT STATEMENT WITH SQL:-

1.From the Tools menu, click SQLTerm Open the SQLTerm window button.
    2.In the box at the top of the SQLTerm window, click the database with which you want to work.
    3.Use the Cognos SQL check box to specify whether you want to use the native SQL or Cognos® SQL for the database you are accessing when you construct the SQL statement. Select or clear the check box as appropriate.
    4.In the Database Objects pane, expand the tree, and then click the table or column for which you want to add a SELECT statement.
    5.To generate the SQL statement use one of the following methods:- Right-click, and then click either Add Table Select Statement, or Add Column Select Statement.
     -Hold down Ctrl and drag the table or column you selected in the Database Objects pane to the Query pane.
    You are now ready to execute the SQL statement.

I don't see anywhere that the OP states that he is using Cognos.

Drew

J. Drew Allen
    Philadelphia, PA

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply