Adding extra columns a matrix and multiple groups for columns in SSRS2005

• I have a issue when I am developing a matrix report has many columns.

I can't implement report in SSRS2005 like report template.

(Client don't allow me to use SSRS 2008!)

Does anybody can help me?

The first part of columns are generate by column group month name and every month name has three subcategory items like:

-------February----- ------March-------

LoansBondsCDS LoansBondsCDS

And the second part of columns are like:

------March------- ------YTD TOTAL-------- ---TOTAL VOLUME--- ---% of Loans---

LoansBondsCDS LoansBondsCDS

The "TOTAL VOLUME" and "% of Loans" don't need "Loans,Bonds,CDS" as subcategory.

The test data in database and the report template insert as Attachments.

I read the two articles about adding extra columns a matrix like below:

1. http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/reporting-services/advanced-matrix-reporting-techniques/

2. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Reporting+Services+(SSRS)/63415/

But both of them can't resolve my issue.

My email is: nekaso@126.com.

If you have any advice for it, just tell me, I think all of them will be useful for me.

(This requirement is urgent, I hope all master-hand will give me help ASAP:-)!)

• Thanks for attaching examples - that was helpful.

If I were faced with this requirement, particularly having to use SSRS 2005, I would probably do all the subtotaling and totaling in the data query, building the resultset bit by bit in a table variable. Your biggest challenge will be displaying the columns that have two grouping levels (e.g. "February" / "Loans | Bonds | CDS") alongside columns that have only one grouping level (e.g. "% Of Loans"). In the end you might have to separate everything into one grouping level (e.g. "February Loans", "February Bonds", etc.)

Certainly a worthy challenge. Good luck with this!

• ezytime (5/13/2010)

Thanks for attaching examples - that was helpful.

If I were faced with this requirement, particularly having to use SSRS 2005, I would probably do all the subtotaling and totaling in the data query, building the resultset bit by bit in a table variable. Your biggest challenge will be displaying the columns that have two grouping levels (e.g. "February" / "Loans | Bonds | CDS") alongside columns that have only one grouping level (e.g. "% Of Loans"). In the end you might have to separate everything into one grouping level (e.g. "February Loans", "February Bonds", etc.)

Certainly a worthy challenge. Good luck with this!

Thank you for your reply,ezytime.

Like you said, how to show single and mutilple grouping levels at same time is the key of this issue!:angry:

Hope somebody can help me:-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply