Adding An Article

• I would like to add a table to a transactional publication that i created with "initialize with backup". How do i use sp_addsubscription with @sync_type =automatic to create a snapshot of just the new schema? Doesn't sp_addsubscription add a new subscription? I just want to add the article to my existing subscription.

• When you initialize with back up that means there wont be any Snapshot agent that will intialize data. So the new Article you added will not have the data snaphot iver to subscriber. If I am not mistaken you will have to create the Replication stored procs as well for this article.

I am not sure about this since I have never done this

-Roy

• Hi you can add objects or articles for replication database.

you can go and right click on publisher->go to properties ->>go to add object articles node and select the article ,what do you wnats to add.

This is the thing i understood from your question.

Thanks.

• Thanks for your response but if you initialize from backup the new article will never be synced to the subscriber if you just add it through the interface.

I was hoping someone could tell me how to add an article when the subscriber was initialized with a backup.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply