Adding a detail row when none exist

• Add a child group to your innermost group. In the group properties for the new group, delete the group expression. The Details icon should appear.

• This is farcical. In 2005 this was all easy and clear. It's like MS have actually tried to make 2008 worse.

Even following the add adjacent group workaround the details group appears in the wrong place.

• 1) Right click on row and Click Add group

2) Select Add Adjacent Above option

3) Select details "Show Detail data" and do not select anything in group by

4) Copy the columns from below row where all dataset values were selected already by selecting just you do in Excel.

5) Paste it in new row above

6) now done

• I'm not sure if this was every properly answered for you. What I do is view the Code (F7) then add <DataElementName>Detail</DataElementName> between the Group tags. You have to make sure there are no GroupExpression tags...because then it is not really a detail line anymore.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

• Right click on the row table, select add adjacent group below and select show detail section.

Note: Do not add a group field on the group by option, leave blank.

That will add a detail row on your tablix 🙂

• This is an old post, but I think it is worth sharing. I hope this helps. I too had the same scenario and fix was

Right Click on the Group > Row Group > Adjacent Below > Show Detail Data.

• veeren4urs (8/5/2010)

Hi,

Select the Textbox >> right click >> Add Group>> Row Group >> Adjacent Above>> Show details Data.

Please ignore if you are not looking for this.

Thanks.

Veeren 🙂

Thanks for sorting out the problem!! :-D:-D

• I tried this sometime back... Hope it helps you

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dd220470.aspx

• If i have understand try this:

1) Click Add Group --> Child Group from your group header row (as shown in Img1.png)

2) Select "Show detail data" radio button in next pop-up form (as shown in Img2.png)

That do the trick.

• Hi,

This link describes how to add details group.

Thanks,

• Namaste Vereen-Ji
    Your suggestion fixed my problem!

1. Using the wizard to create the table hasactually created a matrix.  This doesn’thave a details row. 
      To add one, select the Textbox >> right click >> AddGroup>> Row Group >> Adjacent Above>> Show details Data

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply