Access Files Stored in Box.com

• Has anyone created an SSIS package which grabs data from one or more files stored on Box.com?

I would be interested in hearing how you got on. Did you get the Box API working from a script task? Any issues adding DLLs to the GAC?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• One solution (not mine) was using the Box API:

https://community.box.com/t5/Platform-and-Development-Forum/Using-the-box-api-in-SSIS/td-p/68823

Thank link has the general process as well as some code to help with it.

I personally have not done this as I do not have a need for box integration into SSIS at my workpalce.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Brian, that's a very helpful link, thank you!

Interesting technique too ... I never knew that there was any way round using non-native assemblies in SSIS, other than installing them in the GAC.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply