Accent deduction

• Just read the thread My Recent EMail , was impressed by the information the other people . Do you know any reasonable accent reduction program ? Thx.

• Yes my friend did that, you have to go to a speech therapist but still it helps to correct some accent but it will not eliminate totally. The older you get, the harder to get rid of your accent.

• Loner's right - the older you get, the harder it is to make certain sounds that are specific to a language. The earlier you catch it, the closer you might get to "losing your accent". Speech therapists are definitely helpful because they can teach you tricks on how to say something with just the right mouth movements/tongue movements. Having been to a speech therapist at a young age to correct a simple problem, I can definitely say that they help.

• My wife and I both had speech issues when we were kids, a Speech Therapist can work wonders.

(The butterflies in my stomach hit the top of my head when I have to give a speech or presentation!)

Some alternatives ...

If you are in the United States you can also check into local Community Colleges/Universities, if they have a Drama department, you may be able to enroll in classes that deal with voice acting.

Also check into local theater organizations, you may be able to hire a personal Dialog Coach as well.

"Key"
    MCITP: DBA, MCSE, MCTS: SQL 2005, OCP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply