About Windows file share delivery for a data-driven subscription

• Hi.

In order to try the data-driven subscription with the windows file share delivery, on my machine I have created a folder and then I have shared it adding my Windows account with full-control. The UNC of my shared folder is like \\mymachine\mysharedfolder.

When the subscription starts I can see in the report server service log an error about the access to the shared folder on account or password isn't valid.

Now, how can I solve this issue, please? Do I change some settings in the config files of the report server? Many thanks

• It's not your account that needs access to that folder, it's whatever security context SSRS is running under.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Ok, but the execution account for reporting server services is my one.

• The security log of the server which hosts the fileshare should have a log of a log in failure. It will have the user that tried to log in. That is the security context that SSRS is using for this file copy. Make sure it's the one you think it is, then grant the appropriate access.

Also remember there are two levels of security to deal with. Share security (which actually allows the connection to the share to be made) which would need to be at least set to Change for the SSRS User and the NTFS permissions (deals with securing the files/folders on the disk) which would need to be set to modify so that you can overwrite an existing file.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Thanks. I have specified the report server service account from services and not using the rs configuration tool. The subscription functions with success.

Many thanks

• Glad you got it sorted.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Hi all,

I have the same problem , used the admin account too. But still the file is not shared . Any help please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply