a Transport-level error has occured when receiving results from the server

• Hello,

i am getting this weird error message, error message is:

Msg 64, Level 20, State 0, Line 32

A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

the funny thing is, all the databases i am querying, is call local, no Linked servers or anything, just a simple query statement that gets data from 3 different data sources but is querying only 4 tables. i query each table separately and they all came back fine, but when i join all 4 tables together (2 tables are in 1 database, the other 2 are each in there own database) with some where clause and order by, then it shows that error message... again not sure why, i did remove the order by clause, which then helped for it to run longer, but the most it runs for maybe 10-20 seconds, then it shows that error message, anyone run into this before? we are currently on version SQL SERVER Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP1-GDR) (KB4458842) - 13.0.4224.16 (X64) Aug 18 2018 09:00:06 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor)

thanks in advance

• Found the problem, the table is HUUUUUUGE, just 1 table, and they were trying to query the data from there client PC, guess this is what happens when you let tables and storage get out of hand 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply