A Glimpse of XBOX2

• And just barely one at that. Today Microsoft announced some of the details of the next generation of the XBOX platform.

I'm only mentioning this because we gave away a few consoles at the PASS Summit in Orlando last year and may do that again this year. So it's exciting to think that we might premier new consoles this year, but based on the dearth of details, I'm suspicious that things are not that far along.

We're looking to do something exciting this year at the 2005 Summit (hint register with the "SSC" promotion code) in September and we're looking for ideas now, brainstorming, and seeing what shakes out. If you've got any ideas, drop them in the forum for the editorial and we'll see what we can come up with.

We also heard from PASS about the PASS European Conference (Promotion Code: SSC05) that takes place in Munich in May. The details of the conference are now online and they've lined up a bunch of Microsoft speakers to talk about SQL Server 2005. Gert Drapers, Steffen Krause, Stefano Stefani, Johann Weskandt, and more will be there along with many vendors and SQL Server professionals from all over Europe.

We haven't decided what we'll do in Europe yet either, so we'd love some suggestions for that.

Steve Jones

• The next Xbox will absolutely be out this coming holiday season.  There is no doubt.

• Hmm.  You know, I have absolutely no doubt that Todd is right.  Why can't they do that with SQL???????????????????????

Steve

• Will we be able to chip it and use it as a cheap web server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply