70-462 Exam Practice Lab Ex. 5 Page 50

• Dear all,

I'm doing the practice exercises from 70-462 Exam Training Kit book. Currently I'm stuck at exercise 5 from page 50 of the book where I cannot connect remotely from SQL-A to SQL-B or SQL-CORE. SQL Browser service is turned on.

I suspect it has something to do with the firewall rule create via GPO in Lesson 1.

Could any of you share their experience in how to tackle this issue ?

Much appreciated,

Ionut

• Considering that most people here probably aren't familiar with that practice exam, you may want to explain further what you're trying to do, what exactly is failing and what the earlier step required you to do.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Exercise 5 states "I this exercise, verify remote connectivity by remotely connecting from server SQL-A to the SQL Server 2012 instances on servers SQL-B and SQL-CORE and also install AdventureWorks sample database...."

It could be the firewall rule added in Lesson 1 Exercise 2 as you say, can you confirm connectivity between the servers by some other means?

Also double check the firewall rule, even removing it and going back through Lesson 1 Exercise 2 again.

Tell me how you get on?

Jon.

• You can disable the firewalls if you wish. If I remember correctly none of the exercises in the book require interacting with the firewall other than the initial setup.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply