70-443 is not a good exam.

• I thought Vue had discontinued the MS exams a long time ago. Was that just outside of the US? Down here it's only prometric now.

Farhad: http://www.prometric.com You can find a testing centre and book online.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • thanks

• 70-443, I passed 1st time out ... 😀

Pure luck as I failed my 1st attempt at the 70-431 :doze:

Read through the questions and then went through the case study after getting that tip on this forum ...

I used the Training kit and questions inside the book only ...

Transcender ???

BOL???

I went via Prometric as well 🙂

MCITP: Database Administrator 2005
    MCTS SQL Server 2008
    MCP SQL 2012/2014
    MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    MCSE Data Management and Analytics

• I didn't think that it was all that difficult, but my strategy on these types of MS exams is to read the intro, then skip ahead and read the questions. Then I go back and skim the case looking for information to make my decision.

If you read the case through, then read the questions, you'll find that you end up reading the case several times over.

• I passed first time, changing my approach during the exam when I ran short on time the first couple of scenarios. Yes, you have to be able to read and find information quickly in the test, but I thought you also needed to know the material. It wasn't only a reading comprehension test to me, as others have suggested. Once you know the material, then yes it becomes a reading comprehension test.

• The best way to pass these case studies is to skim them quickly, then go to the questions. You can always access the case study info while you're in question mode and it's easier to know which info in the CS is relevant once you see the questions.

Don't concentrate solely on the CS. Skim it, go to the questions, note what info you need and return to the CS. Having skimmed it, you'll know what tabs hold what relevant information. Also, when I took the DBA tests, I was able to open up the whole CS without tabs which made searching for the info easier.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Thanks does the exam consist of just case studies? and are they easy to read case studies?

I am practicing with two different vendors practice exams and one is easy to follow and find the info and the other from Measureup is very hard to find the answers from the case!!!

Thanks

• Case Studies take up about 50-65% of the exam (ISTR) and the rest is variations on multiple choice, single choice, and simulations (though these might be in the case studies too).

There are also pull & drops in which you have to put things in order.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• read this link carefully

Editor's Note: Link removed

I m sure everyone must be having P4S and Actualtests.

Its just an correction to the questions appered so far.

• deven.yadav (11/13/2008)

read this link carefully

I m sure everyone must be having P4S and Actualtests.

Its just an correction to the questions appered so far.

Using braindumps is cheating and can get your certifications revoked. Posting braindumps is a violation of the NDA taken when writing exam, is illegal (it's distribution of copyrighted material), itr can lead to a permanent ban on ever writing exams again and legal action.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Please do not post links to places that discuss actual questions or answers. This is a violation of the exam NDA.

• I sat for the exam yesterday and scored a 940. There were 35 multiple choice and 12 simulation questions. If I remember right you had 90 minutes to complete each of the two sections. I had no problem completing each one in less then half the time allowed.

• Where did you take the exam?

When I took it they were all cases and time was very short, but it did pass it. I do not like when they give you cases to read and at the same time with limited time.

Thanks

• Belleveue Community College testing center

• I think it is good that there are a more case studies in exams. They are totally gone from the 2008 exams i took so far, but i think they better test you're understanding of why you should do something in some way or another.

As for the timing part of it; I briefly read the CS, make a note to myself when I stumble upon something that makes me think a question will follow, then start the questions and reread the CS where necessary.

The only time I ran out of time on an MS exam was when the testcomputer malfunctioned and trashed my remaining 90 minutes! I recall coming close to the timer on some CS however, when I had about 2 minutes left on the CS after answering all questions. That was a good remainder to keep focused (I get bored while doing tests if i feel they stay on the same subject to long).

Peter Rijs
    BI Consultant, The Netherlands

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply