2 Jobs on a Shared Schedule Run at Different Times

• Hello, we have come across some scheduling confusion that I'm hoping someone here can clear up.

We have a shared schedule for running quarterly jobs, which, since there is no 'Quarterly' option, is set to occur Monthly, Day 1 of every 3 months. The schedule was set to start on 7/1/15 and has been running 1 job every quarter since then. On 1/28/16, I added a second job to this schedule, assuming it would run on 4/1/16.

Today (4/1), the job that was originally tied to the schedule ran, the job I added did not. Looking at the job activity monitor, I saw that the next run date was set to 5/1/16. Is the next run date set independently for each job based on the occurrence specified in the schedule and when the schedule was selected for that job (i.e. 3 months from 1/28/16 -> 1st day of next month), or should all jobs on a shared schedule run simultaneously?

Thanks!

• I'm guessing that the start from date for your second job isn't 3 months to your required run date. Your schedule is set for every 3 months based upon the start date .. if you align your start dates I'd figure it will work?

Without actually trying to set this up this is my best guess ! .. you don't have a quarterly schedule based on the year start - you have a 3 monthly schedule based upon the last run / start date for the job.

That would be my interpretation.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply