• Something else to consider is also setting up a silent custom installation script using the Sql Server setup templates available on the the setup CD.   With these you can develop a automated build process for installing SQL server.  This can be a big time saver in managing configuration madness and automating development server rebuilds.

Now something else to consider is don't spend to many resources coding to this scripting techology, because according to a YUKON session I went to they have converted to Microsoft Installer technology finally.  This has even more benefits but is a definite bigger learning curve than that of the scripting templates I mention above. 

However, It is a win for deployment costs and configuration management issues.  Yukon supposed to let you deal with deploying Sql Server with your apps customized for it.  That may seem like not much of a big deal.  But imagine your app is the admin applet you want to use in your enterprise. You go to install it and it detects that you  need your in-house config of sql server set up first. Cool! 

I see lots of opportunities to leverage the new .Net Providers and whatever the MSDE engine will be under Yukon.

Peter Evans (__PETER Peter_)