You can delete your own login when you are logged in 2008. It throws below error.
“Deleting server login does not delete the database user associated with logins and blaa blaa..….. ”
Once you close the existing connection to DB instance, you will not be able to login into SQL server instance as reported above
To overcome this issue, you can perform the below steps.
1. Add domain user on the MSSQL server box and assign him local admin privileges.
2. Login to DB server with the newly added domain user account
a. Stop the MSSQL server - NET STOP MSSQLSERVER
b. Start MSSQL server in single user mode NET START MSSQLSERVER /M
3. Disable MSSQL server agent (Else it will connect to MSSQL server and you won’t able to connect)
4. Login into MSSQL server management studio (with the user account recently created)
5. Enable SA account or recreate domain user which you deleted accidently.
6. Restart MSSQL server and Agent services
7. Log off and login with user ID which you accidently deleted.
8. Have fun :-)
If you marry one they will fight with you, If you marry 2 they will fight for you :-)