SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Raw Materials - Surface Area

Raw Materials - Surface Area

Author
gonickl
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)SSC Veteran (213 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Raw Materials - Surface Area
Ken Wymore
Ken Wymore
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)SSCertifiable (6K reputation)

It is funny how many people have access to the server rooms when they don't necessarily need it. I've seen knucklheaded PC techs unplug servers and reboot servers without our knowledge before. You can lock down permissions and set up network security but that won't stop someone with access from doing a hard reboot on a server!
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who has considered the plenum as an access path to the server room. Cool

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)SSC Guru (108K reputation)

Group: Administrators
That's great.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
gauree_deshmukh
gauree_deshmukh
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)SSC Rookie (31 reputation)

So true !
Trey Staker
Trey Staker
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

I used to work with a DBA who was a pretty good lock pick. We had a server down on a saturday and neither of us had keys or direct access to the server room. We had been waiting about 20 minutes for the server guys to arrive when he started to pick the lock with a pick set. 20 minutes later he still wasn't in and was complaining about the complexity of the lock when our mutal friend who was an engineer came and helped. He grabbed a chair, opened the roof tiles, peered in to the room asked for a broom then opened the door by pushing the handle down on the inside of the server room with the broom from the ceiling. It took him less then 30 seconds. By the time the server guys showed up we were long gone and they were scratching their heads to how the server came back up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Full Links:
KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)

Trey Staker (7/22/2010)

I used to work with a DBA who was a pretty good lock pick. We had a server down on a saturday and neither of us had keys or direct access to the server room. We had been waiting about 20 minutes for the server guys to arrive when he started to pick the lock with a pick set. 20 minutes later he still wasn't in and was complaining about the complexity of the lock when our mutal friend who was an engineer came and helped. He grabbed a chair, opened the roof tiles, peered in to the room asked for a broom then opened the door by pushing the handle down on the inside of the server room with the broom from the ceiling. It took him less then 30 seconds. By the time the server guys showed up we were long gone and they were scratching their heads to how the server came back up.

That is funny.:-D

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

Anipaul
Anipaul
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)

Trey Staker (7/22/2010)

This is same hillarious as the article :-P

danschl
danschl
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

SQLRNNR (1/19/2012)
Trey Staker (7/22/2010)

That is funny.:-D

we had a similar situation where there was a little flood occurring and noboby had access to the server room, the CIO clawed his way thru the drywall

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.