SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Mirroring & Filestream in SQL 2008

Mirroring & Filestream in SQL 2008

Author
Jayakumar Krishnan
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Mirroring & Filestream in SQL 2008

Thanks
Jay
http://www.sqldbops.com
gary.rumble
gary.rumble
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

None? Can this column accept nulls?

I guessed and got it right. Pretty much assumed that you wouldn't have asked if the answer was yes. The results are running pretty close to 50/50, so I guess I'm not alone.

Learned something, though.
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)

Thanks for the question. It was useful to learn a little something about filestreaming.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

I would say my guess was more 75-25 to No, because file streaming is new, and the way the files are managed in SQL server is unique, so full integration with mirroring would seem square peg/round hole -ish (technical term)

Thanks for the question.
UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

Nice question, thanks!

I am a little curious what the "none" options was meant to be. (Or did you just want two choices, and forgot to delete the default third choice that is created for you on the QotD editor?)
Rick.Cornell.SME
Rick.Cornell.SME
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.9K reputation)

Thanks for the question, had to look up the answer on this one!
Jayakumar Krishnan
Jayakumar Krishnan
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.4K reputation)

Thanks for the comments... Thought of give a different 3rd choice of answer for this question to confuse the readers but didnt realize that will mislead here... Blink

Thanks
Jay
http://www.sqldbops.com
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I've updated the question to mark the last answer, none, as wrong.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Vladimir Sotirov
Vladimir Sotirov
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)SSC Eights! (815 reputation)

Do you think that Microsoft will work on supporting Filestream with mirroring in near future? I wood like to be able to use both technologies.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I am sure it will evolve, but I have no information as to when it will get included in the product.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.