SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSIS object search using T-SQL

SSIS object search using T-SQL

Author
Bill Boyer-284226
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
James - Thank you. We're just looking at transitioning from SQL2000 DTS to 2005 SSIS and this helped me understand. Since you work a lot with SSIS can you tell me whether you have found how I might call a SSIS package to execute from VBA? Perhaps by executing a stored procedure from VBA where that stored proc executes the SSIS package?
Thanks
Ed Zann
Ed Zann
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.7K reputation)

Bill Boyer-284226 (5/13/2010)
James - Thank you. We're just looking at transitioning from SQL2000 DTS to 2005 SSIS and this helped me understand. Since you work a lot with SSIS can you tell me whether you have found how I might call a SSIS package to execute from VBA? Perhaps by executing a stored procedure from VBA where that stored proc executes the SSIS package?
Thanks

Bill, if you are executing the VBA from the SQL Server then look into using DTSExec http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162810.aspx. If it is from a remote machine, my approach would be to set up an unscheduled SQL Agent job to run the SSIS package. Then use sp_start_job to run the job. I think you will find that the SQL Agent and SSIS have been nicely integrated and it's easy to set up packages and run them in this fashion.

Maria Vogel
Maria Vogel
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (113 reputation)

A number of our packages have XML that is encrypted. Is there a quick way to add decryption to these queries?

I've been playing around a bit, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!
James Greaves
James Greaves
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (558 reputation)

Maria Vogel (6/10/2010)
A number of our packages have XML that is encrypted. Is there a quick way to add decryption to these queries?

I've been playing around a bit, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!

I would turn on SQL Profiler and trace the MSDB database when a encrypted package is opening to see how the SQL engine decrypts the SSIS package using a function or something else.

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.