I would like to get the view as if anybody used Windows Server Update Service - WSUS for SQL Server Service Pack and Hotfix distribution on the client network.
I believe WSUS support SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 for Service Pack and Hotfix distribution.
I have not used WSUS before. So I would like to get clarified on;
1. Is thre any prerequisite on using WSUS for deploying SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008 Service pack and hotfixes?
2. Is there any known issues withit?
3. What is the successful rate on using WSUS for deploying SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008 Service pack and hotfixes?
4. How about if there are multiple SQL Server instances on a server?
5, What are the input / planning required to use WSUS? like SQL Server Instance name, Server Name, Server Administrator accout..,
6. Merits & Demerit of uisng WSUS for deploying SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008 Service pack and hotfixes over manually doing this?
7. How to verify if the WSUS deployment is successful?
- Sivaprasad S
Sivaprasad S - [ SIVA ]http://sivasql.blogspot.com/