SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Report Server Web Service

Report Server Web Service

Author
Revenant
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Report Server Web Service
Paul White
Paul White
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (33K reputation)

Heh...bit of a guess - and rewarded with one point!
Odd name for it - no doubt there is a reason for the '2006' part...Unsure

Paul White
SQLPerformance.com
SQLblog.com
@SQL_Kiwi
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)SSC Guru (63K reputation)

I think that the explanation is a bit lacking in clarity.

There are actually two endpoints available. It depends on which endpoint you need to use as to which you would reference.

The link in the explanation discusses that, but I think it was missed as a part of the explanation for this question.

Also, I think the third option needs to be worded more precisely. I think it is missing a "not" in it.

I still got the question correct and learned something. I can just see some complaint arising based on the question, answers and explanation.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSCoach
SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)

A nice question, but the answer is not completely accurate.

If you read the explanation in page that is linked to, you'll see that the actual name of the endpoint depends on whether or not the report server is configured for SharePoint integrated mode. If it is, the endpoint uses 2006 in its name, without SharePoint integrated mode, it uses 2005. And since the question did not mention SharePoint integrated mode, I now foresee a whole lot of replies from people demanding their points back (even though, for anyone who doesn't just pick an answer at random, it should have been perfectly obvious what the intended answer is!)

Oh, and there is indeed also a "not" missing in option 3. Again, obvious from context. And, again, probably a reason for a lot of whining about wanting points back (as if everyone's pay check depends on the points earned here...)

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
ziangij
ziangij
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.6K reputation)

knew it was second option... unfortunately clicked on the first one though Sad
OCTom
OCTom
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.1K reputation)

???
Tom Garth
Tom Garth
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

Since I already knew that it was 2005 even with 2008 servers, I figured that 2006 was just a typo. So I got it right, and was surprised to see the same typo in the explanation.

This was a good QotD because it is valuable information.

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers

Tom Garth
Tom Garth
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)SSCommitted (1.9K reputation)

I stand corrected. After rereading Hugo's answer I may have gottem it right for the wrong reason.

So is 2005 the endpoint's port number?

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers

Hugo Kornelis
Hugo Kornelis
SSCoach
SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)SSCoach (18K reputation)

Tom Garth (4/8/2010)
I stand corrected. After rereading Hugo's answer I may have gottem it right for the wrong reason.

So is 2005 the endpoint's port number?

You'll have to re-reread my post.:-D The name of the endpoint contains either 2005 or 2006, depending on whether the report server is enabled for SharePoint integrated mode.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
rjv_rnjn
rjv_rnjn
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)

From the answer I would assume it to be logical that they have put "2005" or "2006" to differentiate between different versions of SSRS. But the BOL shows the same endpoint address for SQL Server 2005 & 2008.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.